Stranmillis Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Lisburn Road Building
- Stranmillis University College
- 10:00 - Sunday School and Bible Classes (Stranmillis University College)
- 11:15 - Prayer Meeting (Stranmillis University College)
- 11:30 - Morning Service (Stranmillis University College)
- 18:10 - Prayer Meeting (Lisburn Road Building)
- 18:30 - Evening Service (Lisburn Road Building)
Note: Communion is 2nd Sunday every month.
- 20:00 - Bible Study & Prayer Meeting (Lisburn Road Building)
- 18:45 - Pathway Club (Lisburn Road Building)
- 10:30 - Parent and Toddler Group (Lisburn Road Building)
- 18:45 - Junior YPA (Lisburn Road Building)
- 20:00 - Senior YPA (Knock Evangelical Presbyterian Church)
- 20:00 - Student Bible Study (Contact Allan on 07779096023 for details)
- 1st Wednesday - 10:00 - Prayer Meeting (Lisburn Road Building)
- 2nd Tuesday - 20:00 - Ladies Meeting
- 3rd Sunday - 20:30 - 19+ Group
- Last Sunday - After Evening Service - Sunday School Teachers Prayer Meeting
Stranmillis Church, in common with many of the congregations within the EPC was established in 1927. Our first meeting place was the Alliance Hall in Shaftesbury Square. This hall is no longer in existence but stood at the junction of Great Victoria Street and Dublin Road on the site now occupied by the Ulster Bank. In 1930 the congregtaion rented church premises in Botanic Avenue from the Reformed Presbyterian Church and, a few years later, purchased this building as the permanent home for the work and witness of the church. Due to proposed redevelopment plans (which never actually materialised!) it was necessary to move from Botanic Avenue in 1971. The current building was purchased from St Bartholemews Church of Ireland and during the last forty years has been extensively refurbished on two occasions. Various church activities are also held in the Lisburn Road Hall (491 Lisburn Road) located directly opposite the Lisburn Road PSNI Station.
Since 1927 the congregation has been served by three ministers, W J Grier, Derek Thomas and Gareth Burke. The members and adherents of the church are drawn from a wide geographical area but come together on the Stranmillis site to reach out with the gospel to the many people from different nations who live in South Belfast.
We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, that Jesus Christ is the only Saviour of sinners and that everything we do is to be regulated by the clear teaching and principles of Scripture.
Stranmillis University College
During Construction works our Sunday Services will be held in the following venues:
11:30am Stranmillis University College.
6.30pm Lisburn Road Hall (489 Lisburn Road - opposite Police Station)
Further details at;