The first issue of The Irish Evangelical appeared in June 1928 and publication has been continuous since then.
The Title changed to The Evangelical Presbyterian in June 1964, largely to reflect the Church’s change of name in March 1964 from The Irish Evangelical Church to The Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
The number of issues per year has been revised at particular times:
1928—1975 - 12 issues per year
1976—1993 - 10 issues per year
1994—2015 - 6 issues per year
2016—Onwards - 4 issues per year
The original page size of approx 9x7 inches changed to A5 in Jun-Jul 1981 and to A4 in 2013.
- Rev. William J Grier (June 1928 to May 1981, 625 Issues)
- Rev. Derek W H Thomas (June-July 1981 to July-August 1996, 141 Issues)
- Interim Arrangements (September-October 1996 to November-December 1996, 2 Issues)
- Rev. Stephen J Tracey (January-February 1997 to September-October 2001, 29 Issues)
- Rev. Stephen A Atkinson (November-December 2001 to November-December 2004, 19 Issues)
- Mr Harold Gibson (January-February 2005 to November-December 2012, 48 Issues)
- Rev. Gareth N Burke (January 2013-April 2015)
- Rev. Andy Hambleton (May 2015 to Present)
From the outset the content of the magazine has been expository, devotional, evangelistic, missionary and historical, with regular items of church news, comment on ecclesiastical affairs and book reviews. One page has carried the Evangelical Book Shop’s advertisement.
- First Word
- The Law and the Gospel - Part Two: Antinomianism
- A Message of Encouragement - 1 Thessalonians Chapters 1 to 3 - Doug McCallum
- Faithful in a Hostile World - Daniel 6:1-5 - James Buchanan
- Grace-based Fellowship - Philemon v1-7
- Back to the Future - Stephen Atkinson
- From the Churches
- Praise & Prayer
- Bookshop News
- Book Reviews
- Best of the Blogs